Sew together mattress comfort layers for less than 5% of the cost of glue methods. Each layer of glue used in popular water-based glue methods typically costs $2.50. A common 3-layer unit has two laminations costing a total of $5.00 worth of glue. The XT9 can sew these sheets together for a total of $0.10 worth of thread. That’s a 98% savings in material.
The XT9 replaces expensive, messy gluing methods with clean, inexpensive stitching. A set of nine long needles penetrate up to four inches of layered materials, combining it all in a single pass through the machine in about 35 seconds.
Features and Benefits
XT9 provides single-pass assembly.
- Hot-melt and water-based gluing process requires multiple passes to create assembly.
- In addition, water-based requires a heat machine or time for water to evaporate.
- Both glue processes require a press for glue transfer to create a bond.
- XT9 eliminates these additional steps and machines
XT9 maintains the desired integrity of your product’s intended comfort.
- Hot-melt and water-based bonding process alters the desired “feel and comfort” of your product by creating a laminated/stiff product.
- XT9 allows your layers to “float” individually, giving the intended “feel and comfort” of each individual layer.
- Gluing eliminates airflow and creates a vapor barrier.
- XT9 provides a “cooling” airflow with no vapor barrier through stitched layers.
XT9 creates an environmentally friendly and recyclable product.
- Glued layers are created with chemicals; XT9 uses thread.
- Glued layers are difficult to separate for recycling; XT9 layers can be separated by removing the thread.
Here’s how it works:
- Gravity conveyor feeds stacked foam layers into XT9.
- Electric eyes detect material height and adjust automatically to fit.
- Rubberized belts advance the material in coordination with the needle stoke.
- Needle and looper threads are trimmed.
- Motorized belt conveyor discharges the completed sewn-layered unit.
|Number of needle bars||1|
|Needle spacing||9” (229 mm)|
|Needle type||794 SERIES GRIBETZ SPEC|
|Number of loopers||9|
|Voltage/phase||208/460/3 PHASE (HAS 15 KVA TRANSFORMER)|
|Current (amps)||50/25 DEPENDING ON VOLTAGE|
|Air pressure (psi)||90 (6.2 bar)|
|Air consumption (CFM)||1.2 CFM (33 L/min)|
|Max. material width||85” (2159 mm)|
|Minimum material width||72” (1829 mm)|
|Max. thickness||4” (102 mm)|
|Min. thickness||3/4” (19 mm)|
|Production (units/minute, hour, or shift)||1 queen/ 35 sec|
|Footprint (LxW)||21’ 9” x 12’ 6” (6629 mm x 3810 mm)|
|Weight||Approx. 8000 lbs. (3829 kg)|
|Shipping dimensions (LxWxH)||21’ 9” x 12’ 6” x 7’ (6629 x 3810 x 2134 mm)|
GSG Parts Catalog
Our catalog provides you with access to genuine Gribetz and Porter International mattress machinery parts. Using genuine parts helps reduce downtime and ensure a low-cost parts and service solution for the life of your machine.