BK-7 Screw-driven Bale Opener
Safely open packaged spring bales with the safest, strongest bale opener we've ever made. Designed for today’s coil specifications, the BK-7 will safely handle today’s innersprings with higher coil counts, heavier wire gauge, and new coil designs.
The BK-7 is rated at the industry standards of 18,000 lbs. (8,175 kg) opening pressure and the screw drive rating in excess of 36,000 lbs. (16,350 kg).
Features and Benefits
- Safety rating of 18,000 lbs. (8,175 kg)
- Acme screw drive system eliminates replacing drive chains
- Simple and reliable bale opening for any size bale; including twin, queen, and king size
- Welded grid members on the top of the platform and additional guards around the edges aid in protecting the operator from flying debris
- Two-button controls on the control box must be held down during operation, keeps the operator away from the bale and other moving parts during opening
- Control panel also include hour meter for easier maintenance scheduling
- Drive channels are turned away from the bale zone to reduce friction in work area
- Safety rods to stabilize narrows innersprings and corner guides prevent deformation of border rods during opening
- Meets all OSHA and CE safety directives
|Electrical:||220V/240VAC, 1 Phase, 50/60 Hz, 40 Amps|
|Electrical Motor:||5 HP (3.7 Kw)|
|Overall Height:||139" (353 cm)|
|Working Height:||109" (277 cm)|
|Floor Area Required:||87" × 113" (221 cm × 287 cm)|
|Crate size/Domestic:||114" × 86" × 31" (290 cm × 219 cm × 79 cm)|
|Weight:||2,500 lbs. (1,135 kg)|
|Crate size/Ocean:||115" × 87" × 32" (291 cm × 221 cm × 81 cm)|
|Weight:||2,600 lbs. (1,181 kg)|
GSG Parts Catalog
Our catalog provides you with access to genuine Gribetz and Porter International mattress machinery parts. Using genuine parts helps reduce downtime and ensure a low-cost parts and service solution for the life of your machine.